April 25, 2018 – The World Trade Center Arkansas is hosting a seminar called “Inside Export Financing” from 9am – 12:30 pm on May 22 in Rogers and May 23 in Little Rock for Arkansas companies in need of financial programs and resources to help expand their markets overseas. Companies who are interested can RSVP here.
The seminars are part of the Center’s efforts to partner with the Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM) as members of EXIM’s Regional Export Promotion Program (REPP). The Center joined the REPP program last June to better equip Arkansas companies with EXIM resources. Expert presenters will explain what export financing resources are available and how best to utilize them.
Presenters and topics for the export financing seminars will include:
- Exporting for Small Businesses – Melvin Torres, Director of Western Hemisphere Trade, World Trade Center Arkansas
- Trade Financing Solutions for Export Success – Aerek Stephens, Export Finance Manager, EXIM Bank
- U.S. Commercial Service Resources – James Aardappel, Director, Little Rock U.S. Export Assistance Center, U.S.C.S.
- Arkansas Small Business & Technology Development Center – Jeff Salzer, Sr. Area Manager, Northwest Arkansas, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Export Tax Planning – Martin E. Martinez, CPA, MST & Eric W. Flueckiger, CPA, BKD, LLP.
“We highly encourage Arkansas companies who are exporting or who seek to export to attend either of these export financing seminars,” said Melvin Torres, Director of Western Hemisphere Trade for the World Trade Center Arkansas. “Even if you are a well-established exporter, there will be topics and resources covered that will help you reduce costs, increase profits or better streamline your expansion strategies.”
Dates, Times & Locations
Tuesday, May 22 in Rogers, Ark. 9:00am – 12:30pm. Registration begins at 8:30 am. Seminar will take place in the World Trade Center Arkansas at 3300 S. Market Street, Suite 400, Rogers, Ark. 72758
Wednesday, May 23 in Little Rock, Ark. 9:00am – 12:30pm. Registration begins at 8:30 am. Seminar will take place at Arkansas Capital Corporation, 200 River Market Avenue Suite 400, Little Rock, AR 72201.
For more information about the export financing seminars, contact Melvin Torres at email@example.com.
The mission of the World Trade Center Arkansas is to grow trade and increase Arkansas exports by connecting Arkansas businesses to the world through international trade services. The Center is part of the University of Arkansas and serves as the trade promotion arm for the Arkansas Economic Development Commission. For more information and valuable updates, please follow the Center on Facebook and Twitter, or subscribe to the World Trade Center Arkansas newsletter.